AJA's Hi5-4K Mini-Converter provides a simple monitoring connection from professional 4K devices using 4 SDI outputs to new displays with 4K-capable HDMI inputs. Hi5-4K is a single, highly-portable device that allows more affordable monitoring solutions in professional workflows.
The latest generation of affordable 4K monitors utilize an HDMI connection, which allows a full 4K signal to be passed over a single cable. Typical professional 4K workflows use four SDI cables to carry the full resolution image, making it difficult to incorporate these newer monitors. Hi5-4K is an easy-to-use converter that bridges the gap between these two worlds for seamless integration.
Up to 8-channels of embedded audio in the incoming SDI signal are carried through seamlessly into the HDMI output, ensuring your audio is always in sync and can be easily played back on the connected monitor.
4K and UltraHD
Typical 4K signals use a resolution of 4096x2160 pixels while UltraHD signals measure 3840x2160. This difference can prevent some monitors from being used either in full 4K workflows or in UltraHD workflows. Hi5-4K can compensate for these resolution differences, allowing UltraHD monitors to be used in 4K productions and vice versa.
Hi5-4K also supports High Frame Rate (HFR) inputs. 4K/UHD signals at 50 or 60 fps can be fed into Hi5-4K and will be output via the 4K HDMI at 25 or 30 fps, allowing viewing of 4K HFR images on standard consumer 4K monitors.
Not every job is a 4K job. When you're not working in 4K, Hi5-4K can still be a useful tool for converting HD-SDI to HDMI. A single HD-SDI signal coming into the Hi5-4K will be sent out as an HD resolution HDMI signal, much like AJA's Hi5-3G Mini-Converter.
USB and Mini-Config Support
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a Universal Power Supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
- 4 3G-SDI inputs
- Support for HDMI 2.0b output
- HD conversion supported
- Embedded audio support
- Configure via USB port and supplied MiniConfig software
- Uses 5-20VDC power (DWP-U-R1 universal power supply included)
- 5-year warranty
Formats4K Inputs supported:
4 x 1.5GHz SDI:
- 4 x 1920x1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 1920x1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 2048x1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
- 4 x 2048x1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
2 x dual-stream 3GHz SDI (level B):
- 2 x 2 x 1920x1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 2 x 2 x 1920x1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 2 x 2 x 2048x1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
- 2 x 2 x 2048x1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
4 x 3GHz SDI:
- 4 x 1920x1080p, 4:2:2, 50, 59.94, 60
- 4 x 1920x1080p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 1920x1080PsF, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 2048x1080p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
- 4 x 2048x1080PsF, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
HD Inputs supported (4:2:2 if Single Link or 4:4:4 if Dual Link)
- 720p 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
- 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
- 1080p 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 (4:2:2 or 4:4:4)
- 1080p 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
- 1080PsF 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 (4:2:2 or 4:4:4)
- 1080PsF 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
SD Inputs Supported:
- 4K/3G-SDI (auto-selected), 4 x BNC
HDMI Standard Type A connector
- HDMI v1.4a 30/36 bits per pixel, RGB or YUV
- HDMI v2.0b (3840 x 2160p 8-bit 4:2:0; 50, 59.94, 60)
NOTE: If a connected monitor doesn’t support HDMI protocol the unit automatically switches to DVI protocol (which does not pass audio).
- SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- The Hi5-4K does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption. By definition, HD-SDI inputs to the Hi5-4K are unencrypted. The HDMI specification requires HDMI monitors to support unencrypted inputs.
- USB port used with supplied cable and MiniConfig software application to configure device via Mac or Windows.
- 5-20VDC Regulated, 8 Watts, Power Supply Required (included with purchase)
- 5.765" x 4.020" x 0.9" (146.431mm x 102.108mm x 22.86mm)
- Extra Information
Schrijf je eigen review